Questions for Ultrarunners | As Open End Ideas for Research
These questions are meant to be easy te respond, quick, agile: be it by local interview, or video chat, or email, or as audio tracks.
- Ran an ultra once, or planning to. How did you develop the motivation and learning to go beyond 42k? Would you do it again? Goals and obstacles for one race and further ones.
- Did you need special resources, such as nutrition, gear, money to travel, extra time, etc.?
- Did you hallucinate while racing (due to lack of salts and minerals)?
- Do you, and/or your family and fellow friends and coworkers, think that going ultra is crazy?
- Can you make a personal balance on the before and after of running ultra?
- Has your social and/or personal life changed?
- Do you use specific methods to develop strength, speed, flexibility?
- How important and in which ways do you guide your nutrition?
Perhaps with external guidance? Do you cook?
- How much do you attend to invisible training, such as resting?
- How do you prepare for the specifics of each race?
- How do you get your shoes, choose them, available locally? When to re-change?
- How do you, if so, train form/technique?