running gives more benefits on mind body environment than any other activity
5 Reasons You Should Go For A Run Today _ Dr Vybarr Cregan-Reid _ Think Kent
Venn diagrams on the range of benefits of recreational activities
- Physiological benefits | fitness, strength, respiratory health, endurance, improved bone density
- Psychological benefits | enhanced intelligence, improved resilience, higher self esteem, better body-image
- Neurological benefits | improved proprioception, boosted motor skills, better-trained senses, more able to read and compute the environment
- Immunological benefits | less susceptible to disease [heart, diabetes, cancer]
- Environmental benefits | footprint + benefits from being outdoors [environmental psychology]
References George Orwell's Pleasure Spots , on the new tourism, in which:
- One is never alone.
- One never does anything for oneself.
- One is never within sight of wild vegetation or natural objects of any kind.
- Light and temperature are always artificially regulated.
- One is never out of the sound of music.
- Running helps you feel Freedom