2018-10-14 [Sunday] #816 | Bialet Massé
Vertical Challenge [Desafío Vertical] | 21K
Not a race that I would do again. It was the 1st time I went to a race alone. Also, a good thing is that I got another ticket for free this time again. I went to pick up the bag with my running number, water and salt pills on Friday prior to the outdoor store: Pruzik | Bahía Blanca 355, Bº General Paz Juniors, X5004AGA, Córdoba | 0351 675-2837
- I really need to get one of those hats with a cloth at the back, because I got quite of a sun burn.
- It is hard to make or remember annotations during the race. Best thing is to chat with my wife with highlights.
- Not going very mental into the race is a good thing for living the experience. Being affected, said Jeanne Favret- Saada.
- Big thing is that I am very little trained but raced with mindset focus on the mental, non-physical aspect.
- Some down notes. When I was going downwards the mountain side, at the beginning of the race, the pack was crowded and the hill was very steep. I was trying to keep my stance solid and wondering if someone could actually run in this place with such a prominent surface. I hear some steps coming from back and above and to my left and I feel that something approaches me very quickly, I did a slight dodge to the right and a women passes on my left side and tries to grab me by the neck, not actually getting to grasp me but did manage to reach me with her fingers and scratch my back, and I bled a bit. If a better sportsman/person, perhaps I could have helped her out. Actually, I was quite angry that someone could be so careless to others. Additionally I noticed that at the end of the way, some 4 feet further where she fell, a fireman appeared immediately to assist her. My opinion: she should not follow on if this is likely to happen again.
- The road was in general to steep up or down to even run. This and the previous are reasons to not repeat the run.