Correr con la panza vacía durante el día puede tener sus ventajas si se considera que no hay sangre gastada en estar digiriendo. Pero la estar totalmente vacío no conviene tampoco tanto. No conviene salir con la panza vacía a la mañana porque falta nafta, es demasiado ayuno.
WEDNESDAY, JULY 7, 2004
unless you're a midnight snacker, you've been fasting for nine to 12 hours between dinner and sunup. During this time, your muscle and liver glycogen and blood-glucose levels drop--all crucial energy sources that fuel your running. By eating shortly after you awake, you break the fast and begin to top off your energy stores. With a full tank, your body is then primed for exercise.
Reams of research have confirmed that breakfast eaters, whether they run or not, are healthier and trimmer than people who blow off breakfast. Studies show that morning eaters are better able to manage their weight
Pudding de arroz, y otras sumatorias para 500 calorías. Para una corrida tranquila de 1 hora basta con recordar el jugo de naranja y algunas otras variantes: carbohidratos simples y complejos y buena proteína.
Breakfast foods that work for one runner--rice pudding, say--may not sit well with another. Most runners need to experiment to find out which foods work best for them. "My favorite breakfast is black tea with milk and sugar, and a plain bagel, half with cream cheese and half with peanut butter and jelly," says middle-distance runner and two-time Olympian Amy Rudolph.
The American College of Sports Medicine and the American Dietetic Association recommend eating a high-carbohydrate, 400- to 500-calorie meal two or three hours before exercise. Jennifer Toomey, Olympic hopeful and U.S. record holder in the 1000 meters, cooks herself a hearty breakfast every morning. "Pretty much every day, I'll have two fried eggs, two slices of whole-wheat toast, OJ, and coffee," she says. That's fine if you have the time before you run, but it's not practical for early morning runners. If that's you, tailor your breakfast to your workout. A mini meal or snack of 100 to 300 calories is plenty for runs of up to an hour at a moderate pace. Just 16 ounces of sports drink, one energy gel, or eight ounces of your favorite juice will do the trick.
Whatever calorie count you're aiming for, the best breakfast foods are rich in complex and simple carbohydrates and high-quality protein, with smaller amounts of healthy fats. This combination of nutrients will set you up for better running no matter what time of day you head out.
- Stone-Wheat Crackers with Nut Butter--Spread a thin layer of almond, cashew, or good ol' peanut butter on four whole-wheat crackers.
- A Meal Replacement Beverage--If you're not interested in solid food in the morning, grab a meal in a bottle, such as those by Snapple or Slim-Fast.
- Oatmeal á la Rice Cooker--Rice cookers make great old-fashioned oatmeal and will cook on a timer so that it can wake you up when it's finished cooking. For added protein, top it off with a dollop of yogurt or peanut butter.
- Two Handfuls of Trail Mix--Choose one that contains nuts, fruit, and some cereal or pretzels. This amount packs more than 250 calories, but offers a good combination of fat, protein, and carbohydrates.
- Sports Bar--Most energy bars make a decent breakfast. Look for one with at least 200 calories and 6 grams of protein. Most PowerBars, Cliff Bars, or Balance Bars will fit the bill.
Detalle importante. A veces termino leyendo las revistas en w3m, navegador que permite concentrarme en el contenido, que tiene fondo oscuro, por lo que el contraste no me agota la vista. Adicionalmente, esto lo noté casi sin querer, cuando estaba usando otro navegador había toneladas de pop ins, que seguía cerrando. Muy molesto. Muchos estarán acostumbrados y/o sea incosciente. Fuera mercado intromisivo en exceso. No solamente es cuestión de publicidad, sino que hay los que ocupan toda la pantalla y los que ocupan medio, y que hacen muy molesta la lectura, estar esquivando y scrolleando. Gracias linux.